School & Campus >> Origin & History
A BRIEF HISTORICAL SKETCH OF ST.MARY’S
St. Mary’s ConventSeniorSecondary School, Udaipur saw the light of day in a small bungalow on the 3rd of October, 1950 with just 12 students. As the number swelled rapidly, by January, 1951 the school shifted to an old building which had once served as the MissionHospital. Then, later in 1971 it Moved into its own building in New Fatehpura (its present premises) and has grown into what is today-a full-fledged senior secondary school affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi.
1950 The Franciscan Sisters of St. Mary of the Angels - M.M.Augustine, M.M. Vincent, M.M. Mark and M.M. Marguerite arrived at Udaipur on 21st September in response to a call for the cause of education which was a dire need of this region. They were joined in December by M.M.Helen / Sr. Prasadika and M.M. Immaculee. On 3rd October the present St. Mary’s ConventSeniorSecondary School, Udaipur saw the light of day in a small bungalow, now known as Bapna House, opposite GeneralHospital, Udaipur.
1951 As the number increased rapidly, the school was shifted in July to a bigger building at Kalaji Goraji near Gulab Bagh which had once served as the ZananaMissionHospital run by Dr. Meyar.
1960 After 10 years of its inception, in August Class IX was started with the permission of the director Primary & Secondary Education Rajasthan, Bikaner with just 13 students.
1963 The cent percent result procured by the first batch of students, (8 in number) who appeared for the Higher Secondary Board Examination in March in Arts discipline was the first glorious feather in the schools cap.
1968 The school purchased a plot of land in New Fatehpura, opposite the Railway training School.
1970 In July some classes were shifted to the new building.
1971 The entire school moved into its own building at New Fatehpura and has, since then, grown into a full-fledged SeniorSecondaryGirlsSchool as it stands today.
1980 The first batch of 22 Science students bagged 100% First division in the Secondary School Examination conducted by the Board of Secondary Education, Rajasthan, Ajmer.
1981 The first batch of 20 Science students also bagged 100%. First division in the Higher Secondary Examination, conducted by the Board of Secondary Education, Rajasthan, Ajmer.
1989 The school was raised to the plus 2 / Senior Secondary level. And the first batch of Senior Secondary students appeared for the Board Exam in both Arts & Science disciplines.
1994 the school obtained Composite Provisional Affiliation up to Class XII from the Central board of Secondary Education.
1995 The first batch of 124 students appeared for their All India Secondary School Examination conducted by C.B.S.E.
The last batch of Class X students appeared in the Examination conducted by the Board of Secondary Education, Rajasthan.
1996 The first botch of 107 students appeared for the All India Senior School Certificate Examination conducted by CB.S.E.
1998 Commerce as a faculty was introduced in July.
2000 The first batch of 50 students appeared for the All India Senior School Certificate Examination in Commerce & kept up the covetable tradition of cent present results.The school celebrated its Golden Jubilee.
2003 The inauguration of the Computer science laboratory.
2006 Subjects like Disaster Management and Environmental Education were introduced.
2010 Physical Education as a faculty was introduced.The school celebrated the completion of 6 Decades of services.